The New Girl: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #19) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Gabriel Allon series.
- #1: The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The English Assassin (Gabriel Allon #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Confessor (Gabriel Allon #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: A Death in Vienna (Gabriel Allon #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Prince of Fire (Gabriel Allon #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Messenger (Gabriel Allon #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Secret Servant (Gabriel Allon #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Moscow Rules (Gabriel Allon #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: La Chica Nueva (the New Girl) (Gabriel Allon #9) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #10: The Rembrandt Affair (Gabriel Allon #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Portrait of a Spy (Gabriel Allon #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: The Fallen Angel (Gabriel Allon #12) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: The English Girl (Gabriel Allon #13) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #14: The Heist (Gabriel Allon #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: The English Spy (Gabriel Allon #15) (Paperback): $16.99
- #16: The Black Widow (Gabriel Allon #16) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #17: House of Spies: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #17) (Paperback): $16.99
- #18: The Other Woman: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #18) (Paperback): $16.99
- #20: The Order: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #20) (Paperback): $17.99
- #21: The Cellist: A Novel (Gabriel Allon #21) (Mass Market): $9.99
#1 New York Times Bestseller • #1 USA Today Bestseller • #1 Wall Street Journal Bestseller
Now you see her. Now you don’t. THE NEW GIRL. A thriller of deception, betrayal, and vengeance.
She was covered from head to toe in expensive wool and plaid, the sort of stuff one saw at the Burberry boutique in Harrods. She carried a leather bookbag rather than a nylon backpack. Her patent leather ballet slippers were glossy and bright. She was proper, the new girl, modest. But there was something else about her …
At an exclusive private school in Switzerland, mystery surrounds the identity of the beautiful raven-haired girl who arrives each morning in a motorcade fit for a head of state. She is said to be the daughter of a wealthy international businessman. In truth, her father is Khalid bin Mohammed, the much-maligned crown prince of Saudi Arabia. Once celebrated for his daring social and religious reforms, he is now reviled for his role in the murder of a dissident journalist. And when his only child is brutally kidnapped, he turns to the one man he can trust to find her before it is too late.
What’s done cannot be undone …
Gabriel Allon, the legendary chief of Israeli intelligence, has spent most of his life fighting terrorists, including the murderous jihadists financed by Saudi Arabia. Prince Khalid—or KBM, as he is known—has pledged to finally break the bond between the Kingdom and radical Islam. For that reason alone, Gabriel regards him as a valuable if flawed partner. Together they will become unlikely allies in a deadly secret war for control of the Middle East. The life of a child, and the throne of Saudi Arabia, hang in the balance. Both men have made their share of enemies. And both have everything to lose.
Filled with dark humor, breathtaking twists of plot, and an unforgettable cast of characters, The New Girl is both a thrilling, page-turning tale of entertainment and a sophisticated study of political alliances and great-power rivalries in a dangerous world. And it is once again proof that Gabriel Allon is “one of fiction’s greatest spies” (Kirkus) and Daniel Silva is “quite simply the best” (Kansas City Star) writer of foreign intrigue and suspense at work today.
About the Author
Daniel Silva is the award-winning, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Unlikely Spy, The Mark of the Assassin, The Marching Season, The Kill Artist, The English Assassin, The Confessor, A Death in Vienna, Prince of Fire, The Messenger, The Secret Servant, Moscow Rules, The Defector, The Rembrandt Affair, Portrait of a Spy, The Fallen Angel, The English Girl, The Heist, The English Spy, The Black Widow, House of Spies, The Other Woman, The New Girl, and The Order. He is best known for his long-running thriller series starring spy and art restorer Gabriel Allon. Silva’s books are critically acclaimed bestsellers around the world and have been translated into more than 30 languages. He resides in Florida with his wife, television journalist Jamie Gangel, and their twins, Lily and Nicholas. For more information visit www.danielsilvabooks.com
“Sophisticated .... As always Silva delivers.” — Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Fascinating.... An irresistible thriller, built on the realpolitik of today’s Middle East but deepened by the universality of human tragedy.” — Booklist
“Enjoyable as ever. Allon is a smart creation…. There is a pleasing yin and yang here, of destruction and (re)creation.” — Financial Times
“[A] chess game of intrigue…. Daniel Silva spins an addictive yarn.” — Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
“At times a brilliant novel tells us as much about the times we live in—and the struggles of the world, the global deceptions and tragedies—as well or better than journalism. Daniel Silva’s The New Girl is such a novel. Eye-opening and a joy to read.” — Bob Woodward
“#1 NYT bestselling author Daniel Silva always gives you a summer treat. This summer’s treat is The New Girl.” — Hugh Hewitt
“One year after producing what might be the best spy novel since John le Carre’s The Spy who Came in from the Cold, Daniel Silva is back with another riveting, twisting tale of espionage that further cements his legacy as one of the greatest novelists the genre has ever known.... It’s hard to fathom that Silva could ever top himself after last year’s The Other Woman, but he’s done just that. “ — The Real Book Spy
“First-rate.... For the person who likes a great story of espionage and intrigue, Daniel Silva’s art restorer and master spy, Gabriel Allon, is a great match for Ian Fleming’s 007.” — The Daily News