The Wisdom of Menopause (4th Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change (Paperback)
Usually Arrives in 3-5 Days
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • “The Bible of middle-aged womanhood . . . a masterwork.”—The Atlantic
Newly revised and updated for this fourth edition, this groundbreaking book has inspired more than a million women with a dramatically new vision of midlife—and will continue to do so for generations to come.
As Dr. Christiane Northrup explains, the “change” is not simply a collection of physical symptoms to be “fixed,” but a mind-body revolution that brings the greatest opportunity for growth since adolescence. The choices a woman makes now—from the quality of her relationships to the quality of her diet—have the power to secure vibrant health and well-being for the rest of her life.
In this fourth edition, Dr. Northrup draws on the current research and medical advances in women’s health, including:
• Up-to-date information on hormone testing and hormone therapy, with new options and new research
• A whole new take on losing weight and training your mind to release extra pounds
• New insights on the relationship between thyroid, Hashimoto's Disease, and Epstein Bar Syndrome
• New, less invasive and more effective fibroid treatments
• Which supplements are better than botox for keeping skin looking youthful
• How taking the supplement Pueraria mirifica can optimize many aspects of midlife health and wellness
• Why older women don't need the HPV vaccine
With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment—emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.
About the Author
Christiane Northrup, M.D., is the host of eight public television specials and the author of numerous books, including the New York Times bestsellers Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom and Goddesses Never Age. A board-certified OB/GYN, Dr. Northrup has been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The View, the Today show, and Good Morning America, among many others.