Complete Guide to College Application Essays: Essential Tips for Making Your Writing Stand Out (College Admissions Guides) (Paperback)
Usually Arrives in 3-5 Days
THE COLLEGE APPLICATION ESSAY, MADE EASY. This user-friendly guide gives struggling students the step-by-step writing help they need to perfect the writing on their college applications, from the all-important personal essays to the supplemental material like short answer questions and resumes.
Applying to college can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to crafting the perfect application. There’s a lot of pressure to submit something unique and cohesive.
This book takes you from blank page to submitted application with step-by-step guidance on the most effective ways to complete this daunting process! We’ve packed these pages with practical exercises and annotated samples that model good and bad techniques, and included tips from real admissions officers.
This complete guide provides:
• A firsthand look into different review processes, plus editing guidelines to help you think like an essay reader
• Step-by-step methods for breaking down a prompt
• Brainstorming techniques to help you find the right story to share
• Tried-and-true advice to get you outlining and drafting your essay with confidence
• Annotated essays to demonstrate writing dos and don’ts
• Guidance on additional written content (like short answer questions and resumes) for a completely polished application
About the Author
The experts at The Princeton Review have been helping students, parents, and educators achieve the best results at every stage of the education process since 1981. The Princeton Review has helped millions succeed on standardized tests, and provides expert advice and instruction to help parents, teachers, students, and schools navigate the complexities of school admission. In addition to classroom courses in over 40 states and 20 countries, The Princeton Review also offers online and school-based courses, one-to-one and small-group tutoring as well as online services in both admission counseling and academic homework help.