Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Amelia Peabody Mysteries series.
- #2: The Curse of the Pharaohs Lib/E: An Amelia Peabody Mystery (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #2) (Compact Disc): $72.00
- #3: The Mummy Case Lib/E: An Amelia Peabody Mystery (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #3) (Compact Disc): $72.00
- #4: Lion in the Valley Lib/E (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $80.00
- #5: The Deeds of the Disturber Lib/E (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $88.00
- #6: The Last Camel Died at Noon (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #6) (MP3 CD): $24.95
- #20: The Painted Queen: An Amelia Peabody Novel of Suspense (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #20) (Compact Disc): $39.99
Amelia Peabody, that indomitable product of the Victorian age, embarks on her first Egyptian adventure armed with unshakable self-confidence, a journal to record her thoughts, and, of course, a sturdy umbrella. On her way, Amelia rescues young Evelyn Barton-Forbes, who has been "ruined" and abandoned on the streets of Rome by her rascally lover. With a typical disregard for convention, Amelia promptly hires her fellow countrywoman as a companion and takes her to Cairo. Eluding Evelyn's former lover, who wants her back, and Evelyn's cousin Lord Ellesmere, who wishes to marry her, the two women sail up the Nile to an archaeological site that is home to a rather lively mummy. Soon strange visitations, suspicious accidents, and a botched kidnapping convince Amelia that there is a plot afoot to harm Evelyn.