Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Amelia Peabody Mysteries series.
- #1: Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #1) (MP3 CD): $24.95
- #3: The Mummy Case Lib/E: An Amelia Peabody Mystery (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #3) (Compact Disc): $72.00
- #4: Lion in the Valley Lib/E (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $80.00
- #5: The Deeds of the Disturber Lib/E (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $88.00
- #6: The Last Camel Died at Noon (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #6) (MP3 CD): $24.95
- #20: The Painted Queen: An Amelia Peabody Novel of Suspense (Amelia Peabody Mysteries #20) (Compact Disc): $39.99
Victorian gentlewoman Amelia Peabody Emerson and her archaeologist husband are busy raising their young son; yet Amelia dreams only of the dust and detritus of ancient civilizations. Happily, circumstances are about to demand their immediate presence in Egypt. Sir Henry Baskerville had just discovered a tomb in Luxor when he promptly died under bizarre circumstances. The tabloids scream of the Curse of the PharaohsAmelia and her husband arrive to find the camp in disarray and the workers terrified. A ghost even appears. It is not at all what Amelia considers an atmosphere conducive to scientific discovery. Thus the indomitable Victorian sets about bringing order to chaos-and herself close to danger. How Amelia triumphs over evil and those who would stand between her and her beloved antiquities makes for a delightfully spirited adventure.