Making Peace with Depression: A warm, supportive little book to reduce stress and ease low mood (Making Friends) (Paperback)
If you're suffering from depression or very low mood, you can end up feeling alone, desperately struggling to find a way through - but recovery is possible and, in Making Peace with Depression, bestselling authors Sarah Rayner and Kate Harrison, together with GP Dr Patrick Fitzgerald show you how. They explain that hating or fighting depression can actually prolong your suffering, whereas 'making friends' with difficult emotions by compassionately accepting these feelings can restore health and happiness.
Sarah (Making Friends with Anxiety) and Kate (The 5:2 Diet Book) write with candour, compassion and humour about lifting low mood and easing symptoms because they've both experienced - and recovered from - depression themselves, while GP Dr Patrick Fitzgerald draws on his clinical understanding to offer practical advice on treatment options and finding support. The book explores:
* The different types of depressive illness
* Where to seek help and how to get a diagnosis
* The pros and cons of the most commonly-prescribed medications
* The different kinds of therapy available
* Why depression can cause so many physical symptoms
* What to do if you suffer suicidal thoughts
* How to stop the spiral of negative thinking and boost self-esteem
* Evidence-based steps to improve mental health and avoid relapse Fully illustrated and reflecting the latest National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines, Making Peace with Depression is succinct and surprisingly uplifting.The result is book that doesn't shy away from the distress that depression can cause, but is packed with simple tips that are easy to implement thereby offering hope and guidance through the darkest of times.
PRAISE FOR MAKING FRIENDS WITH ANXIETY: 'Reads like chatting with an old friend; one with wit, wisdom and experience' Brighton and Hove Independent
PRAISE FORTHE 5:2 DIET BOOK: 'The go-to 5:2 bible... Inspiring, motivational, simple' Women's Fitness