Pro Asynchronous Programming with .Net (Paperback)
Pro Asynchronous Programming with .NET teaches the essential skill of asynchronous programming in .NET. It answers critical questions in .NET application development, such as: how do I keep my program responding at all times to keep my users happy? how do I make the most of the available hardware? how can I improve performance?
In the modern world, users expect more and more from their applications and devices, and multi-core hardware has the potential to provide it. But it takes carefully crafted code to turn that potential into responsive, scalable applications.
With Pro Asynchronous Programming with .NET you will:
- Meet the underlying model for asynchrony on Windows--threads.
- Learn how to perform long blocking operations away from your UI thread to keep your UI responsive, then weave the results back in as seamlessly as possible.
- Master the async/await model of asynchrony in .NET, which makes asynchronous programming simpler and more achievable than ever before.
- Solve common problems in parallel programming with modern async techniques.
- Get under the hood of your asynchronous code with debugging techniques and insights from Visual Studio and beyond.
About the Author
Richard Blewett is a professional software developer and trainer living in Bristol in the UK. He has been writing software for over 20 years and has spent most of that time building distributed systems of one form or another. He first started writing multithreaded code in C on OS/2 and continued when moving to Windows, COM and .NET. Over the years he has built software for banks, insurance companies, travel companies, emergency services, health companies, and more. He is a co-founder of Rock Solid Knowledge and as well as writing software and consulting he regularly delivers training courses for DevelopMentor. He can often be found speaking at conferences including Tech Ed, DevWeek, Software Architect and BASTA. He has been recognized by Microsoft as an MVP for C# and Connected Systems.