C++ Programming for Linux Systems: Create robust enterprise software for Linux and Unix-based operating systems (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned.)
Boost your C++ skills by working through realistic examples and exploring system specifications
- Master essential skills to build robust Linux systems
- Explore hands-on examples to demystify crucial development concepts, upskilling your system programming abilities
- Master the art of creating software for Linux systems and supercharge your C++ skills
- Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
Around 35 million Linux and almost 2 billion Android users rely on C++ for everything from the simplest embedded and IoT devices to cloud services, supercomputing, and space exploration. To help you produce high-quality software, two industry experts have transformed their knowledge and experience into practical examples in system programming with C++ Programming for Linux Systems.
In this book, you'll explore the latest C++20 features, while working on multiple specific use cases. You'll get familiar with the coroutines and modern approaches in concurrent and multithreaded programming. You'll also learn to reshape your thinking when analyzing system behavior in Linux (POSIX) environments. Additionally, you'll discover advanced discussions and novel solutions for complex challenges, while approaching trivial system operations with a new outlook and learning to choose the best design for your particular case.
You can use this workbook as an introduction to system programming and software design in Linux or any Unix-based environment. You'll also find it useful as a guideline or a supplement to any C++ book.
By the end of this book, you'll have gained advanced knowledge and skills for working with Linux or any Unix-based environment.
What You Will Learn:
- Use C++20 features to craft elegant, efficient, and modern code for Linux systems
- Acquire essential system programming skills with hands-on examples
- Develop a deep understanding of Linux programming, from embedded systems to cloud services
- Tailor your applications to exploit the strengths and mitigate the weaknesses of different architectures
- Merge advanced C++, system programming, Linux insights, and architecture to create exceptional software
- Boost your code quality by using system programming techniques to refine and optimize your codebase
Who this book is for:
This book is for every software developer looking to improve and update their C++ development skills. Both students and professionals will find this book useful as the examples are curated to match any area of expertise and are easily adaptable. At the same time, they don't lose focus of the system specifics. A basic understanding of operating systems' interfaces is a must along with experience in software development.